- 1 Intro
- 2 Who are you
- 3 STEP 1: Join the community
- 4 STEP 2: Choose and deploy your setup
- 5 STEP 3: Create an account on Dev Network
- 6 STEP 4: Test your setup
- 7 STEP 5: Request a production account
- 8 STEP +: Consider wider contributions
Welcome to the SatNOGS community! Here you can find all info to get you started.
Who are you
Most members of SatNOGS community are radio amateur operators licensed in may different countries around the world.
You love space and space data? SatNOGS is just the project for you! There are many learning opportunities around our community, and you can start easily with accessible projects, while you gradually become a space expert!
You have your own satellite project, that's awesome! Many SatNOGS ground stations are built by satellite operators to gain extended access on their satellite telemetry and use the stations for telecommand and control.
STEP 1: Join the community
First things first: make sure to get connected with fellow SatNOG-ers!
- Sign up for our newsletter.
- Join the community forums and announce yourself.
- Follow us on twitter, facebook, google+
- Join our live discussions over at IRC #satnogs @freenode or via Matrix #satnogs room
STEP 2: Choose and deploy your setup
Learn about the different options for ground stations and software, and create your station.
STEP 3: Create an account on Dev Network
STEP 4: Test your setup
STEP 5: Request a production account
STEP +: Consider wider contributions
There are many ways to contribute to the SatNOGS project: