Client not showing up on the network?
- Check your settings and ensure that the API token and station ID are correct
- Check your SATNOGS_NETWORK_API_URL, https://network.satnogs.org/api/ for prod and https://network-dev.satnogs.org/api/ for dev (and that you are using the appropriate API/ID for the site you are pointing to)
- Can you ping network.satnogs.org or network-dev.satnogs.org? Check your network connectivity.
- Check the logs for an error, /var/log/supervisor/satnogs-error.log and post to our forums at https://community.libre.space
Make sure the satellite you are testing observations against is active and recently received by others on our production network site, https://network.satnogs.org - if you click on a satellite name a popup will appear and give you the option to click on "Past Observations". If everything in the past shows red then the problem is likely with that satellite.
- SO-50 is a good satellite to use for testing as it is a strong FM voice signal assuming you have UHF capabilities. Schedule using "PE0SAT - Mode V/U FM Voice - 436.794 MHz". Here is an example to compare against: https://network.satnogs.org/observations/3334/
- ISS is a good test for VHF as the APRS digipeater is alive again (as of this writing). When you schedule it be sure to select the APRS downlink.
While newer SDR devices are very good and stable, there still may be some PPM drift to compensate for if you notice that signals are consistently off center. The SATNOGS_PPM_ERROR setting in /etc/supervisord.d/satnogs.ini can be used to correct for this.