The production instance of the SatNOGS Network website is where the scheduling, reviewing and operations happen for the SatNOGS project. The instance can be found in network.satnogs.org
The production environment is the default place to get started on creating and connecting a ground station client. All SatNOGS operations (scheduling and reviewing satellite observations) happen in the production instance of our Network.
- Head to network.satnogs.org
- Create a new account
- Verify your email
- On your user page, click on `Add Ground Station`
- Fill out all the information
- Head to your client and complete the setup of it using the information you supplied on the Network, plus you API key and the ID you got assigned.
Your station should now appear on the Ground Stations list marked as yellow "Testing".
Moving out of testing
The production environment needs reliable ground stations that perform within the constraints that would be expected. A ground station should perform in a way that is comparable to its peers and it line with the constraints of the geography, antenna type, location and the other aspects which will make a ground station different to another.
Once you feel that your station has been performing well for a period of time under the "Testing" flag then you should go ahead and edit the station, remove the testing flag and announce the availability of a new station in our community channels!
The ground station should also be reliable. This does not mean that it should be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Downtime is expected, it should however, not be unduly off line or unreliable. If you're ground station fits within these guidelines then it is good to have a conversation about if it is ready for the production environment.
What is next
- Keep your station busy! Schedule observations or reach out to the community for scheduling help. - Keep reviewing your ground station performance. - Reach out to others in community for help on any issue.