Documentation is always welcome. Here's how you can contribute:
- Edit this wiki! If you see something out of date, or don't see a page, create an account and get started!
- Submit pull requests to the Gitlab Read The Docs repository
- Much information about the SatNOGS project is in the SatNOG discussion forums, and can be recorded in the wiki or other documentation sites
- Porting tutorials from satnogs.dozuki.com to the ohai site
Note: documentation for the SatNOGS project can be a little hard to track down. Here's an outline of what's meant to go where:
- satnogs.org/documentation should act as a minimal reference, pointing to where documentation can be found
- ohai.satnogs.org will include step-by-step instructions with pictures for mechanical and electronics (rotator, antennae etc); this will replace the documentation currently hosted at satnogs.dozuki.com
- docs.satnogs.org is a Read The Docs instance that will host all software-related documentation (client, network, database)
- this wiki will be a reference for all the glue (how-tos etc), detailing versions and SatNOGS hardware too.